Thursday, January 1, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

Dear Mmmmmargaret,

Well. I woke up this morning with volumized hair. And the blog has been updated twice in one week. I believe this bodes well for 2009, don't you? We just returned from a trip to Philadelphia, where The Professor diligently interviewed for a job at many Universities throughout the Midwest and Canada. Will 2009 be the year we move to a cornfield in Nebraska? Or perhaps to an igloo in Alberta? At this point it's impossible to say.

HOWEVER, I did get to wear my new mittens:



And take a trip to Loop, where I purchased 1000 yards of chocolate brown Lorna's Laces Fisherman Wool. I'm thinking of using it to make something from Custom Knits... maybe Ingenue?



Thanks to you and Rose for the birthday gift card!!

I just checked the Rav and apparently I finished kind of a lot... clearly I have no life. And Neal will be gone most of January, so my lack of social engagements will continue and maybe I can even finish a sweater or something. The offical list of 2008 projects is:

3 hats (Jenny Cloche, Koolhaas, Shedir)
4 shawls (two Forest Canopy shawls, Summer Lace Shawlette, Eyelet Capelet)
3 pairs of socks (Thuja, Monkey, plain Yarn Harlot recipe)
2 scarves (Haven, Yarn Harlot One Row Scarf)
1 baby sweater (Child's Placket-Neck Pullover)
1 pair of mittens (Give a Hoot)

And a few random dishcloths, but I don't really keep track of those. Phew!

I am determined to finish a sweater this year. For reals. I will do it! Maybe I will even do two. My Mother also commissioned me to make her a scarf, so I'll have to get to that soon.

Also, check out this totally Rav worthy pic from Philadelphia:



Seriously. I could be a Knitty model. It was taken in Fork - they had Coca-Cola in BOTTLES, my friend. Tiny glass bottles. So obviously I had to have one. And I'm wearing my luxe neckwarmer from Knit2Together. I love the blue and green combo.

In other news, I tried to spruce up the blog a bit so let me know what you think. I added a book list! I've been wanting one for awhile now. And I changed the background just for funsies. Feel free to edit as you see fit. I'm not really planning to take up any new hobbies but since we will be moving away from So Cal this summer I am working to get rid of AS MUCH STUFF as possible before then. It's a frightening proposition, I know. I will become a cleaning machine. Just as soon as I get out of these pajamas.

2 comments:

Rebekka P said...

hey anna, this is bree's friend bekka. i was just looking through your blog, and i have to say i love those owl mittens! have you seen this forthcoming pattern?

Anna said...

I had not, but it looks great on her!! I'm not sure I could pull it off myself, although the basic shape of the sweater is really nice. The child's vest is cute too.